WHAT IS THIS?
This a 5K mud run infested with Zombies. You must complete the course by maneuvering all obstacles and avoiding Zombies. You will be outfitted with Life Flags that every Zombie will be looking to snatch at any cost.
Obstacles will be well-constructed and challenging to all levels of athlete or casual enthusiast. Expect a lot of mud.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Your life if you’re lucky, but we’ll give you a survivor medal if you make it all the way through with at least one flag still left clinging to your body. You will also get an event TShirt.
100% pure fake gold medallions for the survivors and 100% tinfoil Medals for the casualties of the Apocalypse.
WHERE IS IT AND WHERE DO I PARK?
Race starts at The SlaughterHouse. Please see map below for event parking.
HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
As a Runner, Zombie or Pansy
HOW MUCH IS IT?
|From January 1st – 31st||$50|
|From February 1st – 28th||$60|
|From March 1st – 7th||$70|
|March 8th (Day of the event)||$95|
|Walker Zombie STUMBLER||$15|
|Walker Zombie – All-Day Stumbler or Stationary Zombie
(Includes Basic Zombie Makeup)
|Walker Zombie CHASER||$15|
|Walker Zombie CHASER – All-Day
Zombie that chases Runners
(Includes Basic Zombie Makeup)
|Walker Zombie CHASER V.I.P.
VIP Zombie Includes Porfessional Zombie Makeup and sweatshirt.
Watches the event (includes entry to the After Party)
|ESCAPE THE WALKERS V.I.P. PACKAGE
Any Flight Time and sweatshirt
Living Social and Groupon tickets are Non-Transferable and Non-Changeable. ID must be shown and must match the certificate. NO EXCEPTIONS!
RULES & SAFETY
- No weapons or mock weapons will be permitted.
- No drugs, outside alcohol, or outside food/beverages are permitted on the property. A sealed water bottle may be used.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by persons under the age of 21.
- No pets are allowed into the event grounds.
- No you can’t camp here- get a room.
- For those not running in the race, a “Watcher” ticket is required to gain access to the property.
- Participants and spectators must abide by all instructions given from the race directors, race staff, volunteers and medical personnel.
- Do not drink and drive. Or drink and run.
- Waivers will include marketing releases for all participants, volunteers, Zombies and anyone we decide to objectify with ruthless exploitation.
- If all of your flags have been taken, you are NOT automatically transformed into a Zombie. Do NOT take another runner’s flags. You can be a Zombie later at the party.
- Direct and intentional physical contact with any runner or zombie is strictly prohibited. You are not to touch, hit, punch, tackle, kick, slap, scratch, pinch, spit on, bite, text, email or do anything harmful to the physical health of our Zombies or other runners…. no matter how cool that may be. Those in violation of this rule will be automatically disqualified and potentially escorted off of the grounds, without refund. Just don’t do it.
- Flags are to be visible to course officials and Zombies and are to be worn on the sides of the body.
- Participants must wear their Escape The Walkers bib number clearly shown on the front of their attire. Participants will not be allowed to race without an official number.
- Staging is 10 minutes before your race wave. You must run in the wave that you registered for.
- Working as a team with friends, family and strangers is allowed and recommended…it’s you vs. the Walkers- “get er done”.
- If you appear unfit, drunk or otherwise a potential danger to yourself or others, you will not be allowed to race and no refund will be given, but thanks for the donation to a great cause.
- Runners must be 16 years of age or older by race day in order to participate. Younger runners are allowed only if they run with their parent or an adult guardian.
WHAT TO BRING
- Yourself, clothed if possible.
- Official ID (license, passport, photo ID, etc) or a parent/guardian if you are a minor. You will not be allowed on site otherwise.
- Cash for food, beverages and cool stuff (ATMs will be available on site).
- You will be covered in mud, zombie guts, body parts, and other apocalyptic liquids after the race so bring a towel and change of clothing. We will have changing areas sponsored by Clear Plastic Shower liners inc.
- Bring a chair or a blanket to chill and watch the bands.
- Wear appropriate clothing and accessories (i.e. umbrellas, warm gear, cold gear, wet gear, etc.).
“AFTER THE APOCALYPSE” PARTY
This is where you can party like it’s the end of the world or just watch the freaks as they do the same. Cool music and other entertainment. It’s an all day event.